BMSS PAC General Meeting
Mar 3 2014 at 7:15pm
1 Carol opened and chaired tonight’s meeting. Apologies from Alana Park. Introductions all the way around.
2. Motion to accept the minutes for February. Patty accepted, Anne seconded . Motion carried.
3. Treasurer’s Report – summary reviewed for the month of February. Current balance gaming is 24,000 and we plan on being on budget. Motion made to accept the report. Anne accepted and Patty seconded
4. Student Council update:
Kieren Ghadia –
Talent show Mountain Night Live (like SNL) will be Thursday March 13 doors open at 6:00 PM Junior and senior Shake n Bake. Performers in dance, singing and slam poetry, etc.
Feb 26 had a successful anti bullying day. Lots of people participated
Student Council elections will be earlier this year, candidate forms are available in Room 213.
5. Ms. Gingras and Manning – Career Programs Centre.
Outline of the assistance, resources and guidance that the Career Centre can provide to students. This can start from G9 all the way through to G12.
Ms. Manning and Gingras talked about the different ACE-IT Courses available. If parents/students want to talk to Ms Manning or Ms Gingras about trades, IDS, out-of-school experiences, call them or drop in at the career centre.
6. School Meetings
School Meeting coming up – Jesse Miller is coming to talk about internet safety on March 4th from 7 to 8:30. Attendance is free.
7. Dry Grad – Tickets for raffle prizes have been printed and are being distributed from Ms Basran’s class in Rm 320. Prizes are 46” Samsung Smart TV, iPad mini, autographed Santorelli sweater, $200 gift card for Hawksworth Restaurant. Draw will be at the next PAC meeting which is April 7th.
DPAC – no meeting
SPC – Diane McDonald, Patty Andersen, Vicki Dorval, and Mr Chin. SPC Meeting March 11th.
9. Fund Raising -Purdy’s Chocolate site was activated today. Notice should be going out on ListServ
10. Principal’s Report:
February has been busy. Staffing changes, Sean Thompson is on leave, Jackie Ellis is replacing his alphabet section. Mr Hawkins, a master’s student, is helping out in the Student Centre.
Karla Holford is on leave as her husband is terminally ill.
Vanessa North has returned from mat leave.
Course selection evening a month ago. Combined G7 and G8, was very successful. Would like to have feedback for the combined selection evening. Some of the pros are that there were more teachers here because there was only one night’s commitment.
Just had a meeting with School District. Looks like we will have about the same amount of students. We have about 70 G7s from out of catchment.
Mean Girls Drama presentation – it was fantastic
Rocky Horror Picture Show – this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. We have a fantastic professional set we are using for the Rocky Horror Show.
Dancing with the Teachers – YouTube
March 12th report cards will be issued
Feb 26 had a guest speaker Tad, free presentation about what it was like for him going into high school
BCeSis is disappearing. My Education BC is replacing it. This will be the new student information system and will be rolled out on the first week of school.
Award Evening on Thursday June 5, 2014 instead of during school time on Friday June 6, 204
11. Meeting adjourned at 8:21. Forgot to Draw for Tim Horton’s card.